Are you looking to operate a drone commercially? UAV Training Australia offers a ReOC licence training to help you obtain your Remote Operator’s Certificate (ReOC) from CASA. As experienced RPA operators ourselves, UAV Training Australia can streamline the process of securing your ReOC.
The consultation, advice and services offered will set you up for success. With decades of aviation expertise to our name, the UAV Training team can speed the process along, assisting you with obtaining an ReOC licence as quickly as possible. We work with individuals, body corporates and businesses of all sizes. Whatever your goals, we can help you navigate the ReOC licence application process. Our team has proven experience in writing applications and Operations Manuals, so we know exactly how to meet ReOC licence requirements. If you’re ready to operate drones commercially, our ReOC certificate can get your operations off the ground sooner.
What Is Included in Our ReOC Services?
UAV Training Australia offers ReOC licence consultations to assist you with obtaining your Remote Operator’s Certificate. Our ReOC certification contains everything you need. The certificate fee covers every part of the process, including:
- Consultation fees
- CASA application
- A completed RPAS Operations Manual and Procedures for fixed wing and/or multirotor drones up to 25kg
- Training and coaching for the Chief Remote Pilot
- Access to systems and processes that our own organisation uses
Our ReOC service is designed to streamline the process of obtaining your business’ licence. If you are looking to operate drones commercially, contact one of our training consultants to determine if a ReOC licence is suited to your needs.
What is a Remote Operator’s Certificate?
Individuals and organisations looking to operate drones on a commercial basis are required to hold a Remote Operator’s Certificate (ReOC). ReOC licence holders are permitted by the Civil Aviation Safety Authority (CASA) to trade as a drone service provider and offer a broader range of services. Obtaining your ReOC licence may take several months, so UAV Training Australia has developed a consultation program to get you started as soon as possible.
An ReOC is the certificate that CASA issues to the business or operator, rather than the pilot of the aircraft. A valid ReOC licence allows your organisation to conduct included RPA operations and greatly expand your service offerings. Your ReOC licence will allow you to:
- Operate RPAs outside of the Standard Operating Conditions
- Operate RPAs weighing more than 2kg
- Operate larger RPAs and fly commercial-grade drones
If you’re unsure whether you need to hold an ReOC licence, talk to UAV Training Australia. Our consultants are happy to talk you through the process and decide which types of licences you need.
Obtaining a ReOC Licence
CASA oversees the commercial drone industry to ensure all operators are adhering to safety standards and the relevant legislation. To obtain your ReOC licence, your organisation needs to submit to CASA:
- A completed Operations Manual
- A nominated Chief Remote Pilot (must be an RePL holder)
- A CASA Aviation Reference Number
- Completed application forms
UAV Training Australia’s ReOC certificate is designed to provide support throughout your application. We can guide you through the process to assist with:
- Submitting your ReOC application. The first stage is submitting completed ReOC application forms to CASA. Applications can be processed by CASA directly, although this process typically takes several months. Most operators choose to submit applications to CASA delegates who can complete their review in much less time.
- Completing a risk assessment. After submitting your application forms, your assessor will issue the Chief Remote Pilot with a scenario the business is likely to encounter. The Chief Remote Pilot will be required to prepare a Safety and Risk Assessment based on the scenario.
- Completing a telephone interview. Finally, your assessor will conduct an interview with your nominated Chief Remote Pilot. The interview process may take several hours and will discuss the responsibilities of the Chief Remote Pilot, ReOC operational conditions, air law and follow up questions about your risk assessment response.
ReOC Training and Support
The process of obtaining your Remote Operator’s Certificate may take several months to complete. Because of this, it’s important to ensure your application and supporting documentation are completed properly the first time around. UAV Training Australia offers ReOC training that gives you the best chance of earning your operator’s certificate. UAV Training’s ReOC certificate provides assistance with:
- Completing your application forms
- Writing your Operations Manuals
- Training and guidance for Chief Remote Pilots
- Assistance with developing organisational systems
Our ReOC training is tailored to suit your organisation. The experienced pilots at UAV Training Australia will work with you to write customised Operations Manuals and provide the guidance your Chief Remote Pilot needs to navigate the interview process. With decades of experience to our name, we understand how the ReOC licence process works, so we can provide you with guidance and support to make your application a success.